1. Remove the existing doorbell. Leave the wires exposed and operate them from each other to prevent the wires from touching and activating the door chime.
2. Use the mounting plate as a guide and determine where the screws will be placed. Mark the location (this step is unnecessary if the screw holes from the existing doorbell match).
3. If installing into concrete, brick or stucco, use a power drill, with the included drill bit to make the holes for the screws. If installing into wood, use the included screw driver and screws to start the holes. If the drill holes are too large, use the included screw anchors to provide the perfect fit for the screws.
4. Place the skybell hd or skybell trim mounting plate onto the home, lining up the holes with the mounting plate and ensuring that the screws are facing forward.
5. Pull the wires through the center of the plate being careful not to touch the two wires together.
6. Install the mounting plate using the included screws and tighten until snug.
7. Loosen the two screws slightly to allow for the ends of the wires to pass underneath.
8. Insert one wire under each screw and tighten. Give each wire a slight tug to be sure each is secure.
9. Tuck in any excess wiring.
10. Locate the skybell hd or skybell trim
11. Locate the lip on the top of the mounting plate.
12. Attach the top of the skybell hd or skybell trim to the lip first, tipping it up slightly to ensure it is attached.
13. Snap the bottom into place until it is flush with the mounting plate*.
14. Hold the device in place until the led illuminates. If the led does not come on, remove the skybell and ensure the wires are properly attached to the mounting plate.
15. Tighten the set screw on the bottom of the mounting plate. Turn the screw to the right until tight but do not over-tighten the set screw.
Before you begin the installation process, please consider these steps to ensure your home is ready to work with your SkyBell.
1. Doorbell Chime Check
2. Wi-Fi Connection Speed Test
3. Power Check (Transformer)
4. Router Check
Doorbell Chime Check
SkyBell will work with mechanical doorbell chimes without any changes. If you have a digital doorbell chime, you’ll need to install the Digital Doorbell Adapter Accessory. SkyBell will not work with wireless doorbell chimes or existing intercom systems. Mechanical vs. Digital Doorbell Chime How can you tell difference? The only way to know for sure is to actually examine the chime itself. An analog doorbell chime has two pistons that strike metallic keys to make the “Ding Dong” sound. A digital doorbell is just a speaker that digitally replicates the sound of a doorbell ring. Watch the video
Wi-Fi Speed Test
SkyBell requires at least 1.5 mbps of consistent upload speeds and a full-time, fast-speed internet connection. Please test your Wi-Fi signal strength at your front door. If you don’t have sufficient signal strength, you’ll need to move your router closer to SkyBell or purchase a Wi-Fi extender. *Important side-note: your Speedtest score can be misleading. The test picks up Wi-Fi signal indiscriminately, meaning it could be picking up your neighbors Wi-Fi signal. This could give you a false, inflated bandwidth reading. One way to ensure your SpeedTest results are accurate is to unplug your Wi-Fi router, and attempt to run the SpeedTest while standing next to your doorbell. The SpeedTest should not be able to run while your router unplugged. The message, “Locating Closest Server…” should flash over and over again. If this occurs, then you can be fairly certain that your SpeedTest results are accurate when your router is plugged in. If you have difficulty syncing SkyBell at the start, your video feed does not load even though you receive a push notification, or you experience latency during the video feed, you may need a Wi-Fi range extender or a more modern router, even if your Speedtest score is within the acceptable range.
SkyBellHD is only designed to work with a low voltage transformer and wired doorbell. The primary power standard to the transformer can be 120/130 VAC or 220/230/240 VAC. The secondary power from the transformer to SkyBellHD must be 12VDC – 16VDC 2A. SkyBellHD requires full time power. Simply remove your old doorbell button and attach the two wires to SkyBell (assuming your power setup is correct and you have a 12 volt DC wired doorbell chime). You will still hear the home doorbell chime in the house. To see the power diagrams, visit our POWER SECTION for more details.
There are two considerations to make for your router setup to make sure SkyBell works properly.
2.4 ghz with a unique SSID SkyBell is compatible with the 2.4ghz wireless standard. Check your router and make sure it is 2.4ghz. If you have a dual-band router, you’ll need to segregate the 2.4ghz band with its own SSID. Connect your smartphone to the 2.4ghz channel and then proceed to sync SkyBell. The process for segregating your router will differ depending on what type of router you have, so please check your routers instruction manual.
Must be on B/G/N SkyBell is designed to work on B/G/N routers If you have an “N-Only” router, please be sure to switch the settings so it is on the B/G or the B/G/N setting. Then attempt to sync SkyBell.
Troubleshooting and Support If you have confirmed the above and you still cannot sync your SkyBell or you are having issues with the light or receiving a video feed, please
• Do not spend longer than 15 minutes troubleshooting
• Do not delete your SkyBell from your app (if you’ve synced) or attempt to re-sync the device
THIS IS HOW THE SKYBELL HD WORKS
SkyBell HD is a smart video doorbell which gives you the possibility to answer your doorbell by means of your Smartphone. Skybell HD contains an HD video camera, a motion sensor, a microphone and a speaker, so you, regardless of where in the world you are, can communicate with your visitor by means of your Android or IOS mobile device.
The visitor presses the Skybell HD and this immediately sends a push notification to your smartphone.
Communicate (Listen, speak and look at) with your visitor via the free app.
SKYBELL HD MOTION SENSOR
Why does Skybell HD contain a motion sensor? The main advantage of a motion sensor is that it helps to prevent surprises when someone is at the door but does not ring the bell. How does the motion sensor work? Most motion sensors work over a large area. The Skybell HD sensor however only reacts to a small detection area in order to avoid unnecessary alerts. The sensor works within a 5 foot radius, and then sends a message after 10 seconds. The means that Skybell HD is certain that there is someone at the door, and that this is not a passer-by or a resident entering with the key. Where and when does the motion sensor work best? The closer to the door, the better the Skybell HD detection works. In order to optimise the functioning of the motion sensor and the camera, a mounting fitting for window sills is available. The 12 degree wall plate which helps to direct the camera also helps to improve the motion detection at the right place, and for obtaining the best video images. Can the motion sensor be switched off? Yes, the motion sensor can simply be switched on and off through the app. This can be done at any time. Do you have a party with many guests walking in and out? The sensor is deactivated with a single push of the button. TopSolute Skybell HD CUSTOMER SUPPORT: email@example.com
MANUFACTURED IN THE USA
Hypermodern, beautiful and top quality. Thanks to the application of the latest technology in the fields of WiFi, video and data transfer, you can have a very advanced product at your disposal. The design only contains the essentials, which makes Skybell HD a beautiful device, which functions and which can be displayed next to any front door.
Answer your door with your smartphone.